Talkie Communications in Chestertown is expanding and is hiring teammates for their fiber-optic install, maintenance and repair team!!
Talkie Communications is seeking Full Time Installation, Maintenance & Repair (IMR) technician in Chestertown, Maryland to join our Service Delivery Team. IMR Technicians are responsible for installation maintenance and repair of High-Speed Fiber Optic Services out to our subscribers.
This is a mid-level position and our ideal candidate should have prior telecommunications experience and love working with their hands and enjoy working with people. We will also consider entry level applicants who show the desire to learn and grow.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as an IMR technician, while handling both the initial installation to all customer premises maintenance and repair calls supporting our service delivery business.
- Troubleshoot on-site connectivity issues.
- Work closely with our internal Network support team and Outside Plant team, which consists of a mid-sized group working in a casual, yet fast-paced environment.
- Provide good office etiquette, effective communication and team-working skills.
- Install Fiber Optic Services from the Terminal to end user and complete the customer service Activation with extended in home and business requirements to meet all customer needs.
- 1-2 Years of Relevant Telecommunications installation experience in copper, coax and fiber system.
- Ability to work On Call Rotation, Weekends and Holidays and Emergency Call Out as Required.
- Clean DMV record.
- Ability to think logically and problem solve.
- Friendly, can do attitude.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal integrity and strong work ethic.
- Previous experience with DSL, Fiber, Telco or home internal wiring is a plus, but not essential. Talkie provides paid employee training programs.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com